By Liam Bennett
1. 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. Marketers use video for all types of brands to increase following, gain more customers, and boost brand awareness. For smart owners ready to invest in marketing tactics, video is a clear choice that has a proven ROI.
2. Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users. Investing in video marketing guarantees a faster, more productive revenue growth. Firms looking for a revenue boost should consider video as a top tactic to get those sales numbers higher.
3. Social video generates 1,200% more shares than text and images combined. Social is a great way for companies to share their message as well as increase their following. Companies should consider posting more videos on social channels to receive more shares and expand their audience. Word-of-mouth in business is important, and social referrals are important. Videos on social helps companies get the word out faster about their services.
4. 64% of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos. In business, videos are an effective tool to display emotional, ethical, and logical reasons to work with a company. Businesses who use this marketing strategy will see a rise in offers and requests to work with them. Videos help consumers put a face to the brand, making it more relatable; this, in turn, increases sales.
5. Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engine results pages (SERPs). Marketers use video to increase their rankings on search results. For companies that want to master marketing, videos are a way to rank higher when potential customers search for information online. Unfortunately, not many people click the ‘page 2’ results of Google (or any search engine), so it’s important to rank high for specific keywords. Video can help bump a website, blog, social pages, and any landing pages higher up for potential clients to see.
6. Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more. Video placed on the homepage of a company’s website will have a greater impact and increase conversion rates greatly. Firms should upload their video business card that embodies their main message on their homepage for the best results. A video on the homepage will make it more likely that visitors sign up for a newsletter, request more information, or head over to the blog (whatever the call to action is on the site).
7. Having a video on a landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of search engines. While marketers typically use video to increase traffic for brands, they also use it for attention on the first page of Google search results. Firms and companies should create SEO-friendly videos to launch themselves to the top of search engine result pages.
8. Initial emails with a video receive an increase click-through rate by 96%. For companies that send weekly newsletters or emails to subscribers, include a video for an increased click-through rate. Many people are visual learners, so instead of making them read a long piece of text, put the content in video format. Of course, marketers can reuse videos on social media and their blog, making sure it gets in front of many potential clients.
9. Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text. While marketers and businesspeople alike rely on tactics such as paper ads or direct mail, they are not always memorable. To stand out from the competition and create a distinguishable message, marketers should turn to video since we tend to retain that information better and for a longer period of time. Of course ads and direct mail still have their place in a company’s marketing campaign, pairing it with video will make a longer-lasting impression on prospects.
10. The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. Websites can easily become wordy and hard to read. Business owners who want clients to stay on their website and learn about their business should add videos to their website. Users spend more time on websites with video, which means they digest more information and learn more about the company. Also, it’s an easier way to learn if the products or services are applicable to their search. People can use video to introduce themselves or explain what they do so prospects get the information they need quickly.
Video marketing is without a doubt an excellent marketing strategy for businesspeople because it helps highlight unique features of themselves and their companies. Videos deliver authentic messages through an appealing medium, which help grow traffic online and drive revenue. For firms and companies that think they can skip the video aspect of marketing, consumer demand will soon change this